STONEBROOK SUMMER OUTREACHProvide food and community to children in the Stonebrook apartment complex, most of whom are refugees.
HELP US SERVE THE STONEBROOK COMMUNITY
Learn more about the ways to serve and sign up below.
WAYS TO SERVE
JOIN US ON WEDNESDAY’S AT STONEBROOK FROM 9AM-NOON TO SERVE THIS COMMUNITY.
HERE IS WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
SETUP OR ENTERTAIN:
Help setup or participate in activities before lunch 9 – 10:55.
- help unload delivery from Second Harvest Food Bank
- help with set-up of serving table, share table, and garbage cans
- oversee and participate in some of the following: soccer / football activities, bubbles, hula hoops, crafts, games, jump ropes and sidewalk chalk as we wait for serving time.
Lunch is served from 11 – 11:30 each day.
- help assemble meals and milk
- help pass out meals
- help kids open items (as needed)
- monitor to be sure kids aren’t taking food off-site (which is against federal guidelines)
- visit with parents who have brought their children
- help pick up trash/remind kids to clean up after themselves
- spend more time playing with kids until time to clean up
After lunch is served, help cleanup from 11:30 – 12:00.
- help take garbage to dumpsters
- help tear down and store tables
- help gather sidewalk chalk, bubbles, and toys
- stock the refrigerator with milks for the following day
BRING SUPPLIES TO CHURCH
Bring any of the following items and place them in the bin located in the lobby at Southpointe.
- 1lb bags of rice or 4 cups in ziploc bags
- bags of dried beans or 2-3 cups in ziploc bags
- fresh / canned fruit
- dry pasta
- baby formula
- diapers – any size
- adult female diapers size S – M for special needs children
- feminine products – disposable or reusable
- other non-pork containing non-perishable items
Please come help us prep some crafts for the Stonebrook Summer Lunch Program on June 9th from 9am-12pm. We will be gathering, cutting, organizing for craft projects for 75-100 kids each week and we could use your help. Bring the kids and we’ll put them to work as well! Stop in for 30 minutes or stay till we are done! All hands are welcome! More information here.
OTHER WAYS TO SERVE
If you are coming to lunch, feel free to help out with the ideas below:
- bring other outdoor toys for the kids to enjoy before and after eating (balls, frisbees, etc.)
- bring popsicles for the kids to eat after lunch (about 100-125 needed per day)
- bring music or games to share with the kids
- Bring small bags of rice to hand out for the kids to take home (you’d need 50-100 small bags)
These are the most amazing kids you’ll ever meet. They have been through a lot, and yet have an incredible optimism. The kids and the parents are working hard to learn English, and our conversations with them help them improve their skills.
DIRECTIONS TO STONEBROOK
If you have questions, please email Mission 58 below.
©2017 SOUTHPOINTE COMMUNITY CHURCH